Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Taper Debate

Monday's workout: Insanity Cardio Power and Resistance

Monday morning was my only superearlyalarmclockstartswitha4 wake up call this week.

For that I am incredibly grateful.
Via
The rest of the week Insanity will be taking place after work. Tonight's plan: Insanity Pure Cardio followed by a run.
V pushups are not my friend
I am not sore today, and sadly enough, that makes me slightly disappointed. Did I not work out hard enough yesterday morning?

I'll most likely regret saying that tomorrow.

Taper time is approaching, but I need to decide when to start tapering. I overachieved accidentally ran longer than planned last weekend. So here's the question do I:

1) run 20-22 this weekend?
2) run 14-16 this weekend, then 20-22 next weekend (3 weeks before race day)?
3) something completely different?

I have to remember this race is not for a PR. I just need to get 26.2 under my belt while staying healthy.

Whatever I decide, I'll most likely be doing the rest of my long runs alone or mostly alone. That sounds boring.

Maybe I can talk someone in to joining me! Any takers?

3 comments:

  1. I'll drive next to you and we can chat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could give you taper advice. But I'm a taper failure. I tend to feel awful the week before a race and then my mental game ends up all screwed up on race day. Oh, and also, I've never done a 26.2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sarah, that actually sounds very fun!
    Jen - One day we will be in the same part of the world again and we WILL do 26.2 together!

    ReplyDelete