Monday, October 8, 2012

A Football Weekend

Thursday's workout: Insanity Plyo Cardio Circuit
Friday: Rest Day
Saturday's workout: 20 mile run

Before I ramble on about my busy weekend, make sure to check me out over at Two Itchy Feet. My good friend JennyJ was kind enough to let me take over her blog for a day!

Thursday morning's workout seemed to fly by. Maybe it's because I knew I didn't have to get up at 4:50 the next day? I definitely like doing Insanity in the morning. I feel so accomplished by the time I get to my desk at 7 a.m.!

Thursday evening I was rewarded with froyo and friends!
Thursday night's dinner!
Friday was a rest day. Complete rest. It was amazing.


My running group has started meeting at 8 a.m. instead of 7:30 a.m. now, but since my friend Kelly and I needed some high mileage, we decided to meet at 7 a.m. We still met at Mojo, but did our own run (the group runs were 8-12 miles). It was dark and cold at 7 a.m.

Thankfully it was not raining. The forecast the previous day was for rain until after noon. Yuck! I can handle cold. I can handle rain. I really prefer them not together!

I couldn't believe how good I felt for pretty much all 20 miles. My last 2 miles were my fastest - I don't think that has ever happened on that long of a run before! We even ran a pretty tough hilly course. It wasn't fast, but I covered the distance for the first time in 11 months.

Then the football watching started!

We went to the UC v. Miami game Saturday night. Way to go Bearcats! They won 52 to 14!
Cheering on the Bengals!
Sunday morning we were off bright and early to tailgate for the second home Bengals game of the season!

We had a lot of fun even though they lost.

Once we got home from the football game it was time to watch a different type of football - soccer! The Boyfriend had recorded the Liverpool game earlier in the day.
Cheering on Liverpool in Boston this summer
Liverpool tied. At least we had a Bearcat win this weekend!

It was an action packed busy weekend! And now I have to go to work?!

I hope you had a fun weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment