Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Race Week & Wedding Month!

Tuesday: 3.5 mile run outside, weights
Wednesday a.m.: 3 mile treadmill run

After work Kelly and I enjoyed the beautiful sunshine and 80 degree weather on a 3.5 mile run outside. Since this is race week, we tried not to overdo it, but I insisted on attempting to finish like it was a race, so my last half mile was faster than the rest.
Of course "faster" is all relative...

I couldn't believe how hot it was!
My face was bright red for a looooong time afterwards.

I broke a cardinal rule of marathon running and wore new shoes to work yesterday.

Somehow it looks like I have 2 left feet. Awkward.
 After HTB got home from work and devoured my lovely dinner of pork chops, green beans and mushroom risotto, we headed to the gym for some weight training.
Our weight routine has been good, but not stellar lately, so I am very glad we went.

The Flying Pig marathon events are this weekend. Yikes!
I better figure out my game plan.
I will be doing 3 races in 2 days and covering 22 miles!
I hope my legs are ready.



This morning I did an easy 3 miles on the treadmill. There is a fine line between resting my legs and keeping them loose. I might be wearing compression socks to work the rest of the week!

It's finally May - our wedding month! Woohoo!
Tempus fugit!
(It's the only Latin I remember from Jr. High - "time flies")

No comments:

Post a Comment