Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Recovery Week

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: Run outside have a beer with a friend
Wednesday a.m.: 4 mile treadmill run

I had plans to meet up with a friend for a recovery run on Tuesday night. She ran the Flying Pig marathon on Sunday, so we had planned to keep it flat and easy.


The skies were not looking so good when I arrived at our meeting spot. I did my anti-rain dance, but then this happened:


I guess I better work on my dance.

Megan arrived after the rain started, so we opted for a beer and snack instead!
It cleared up fairly quickly, so once we finished or beers we headed out for a walk.
I am so happy we weren't a mile or 2 into our run when the rain started, it was a total down pour.

I made it to the gym this morning for a quick 4 miles on the treadmill. My legs felt totally fine yesterday, so it felt good to run again. I can't believe how quickly my body recovered!

No comments:

Post a Comment