Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Weekend Review: Better Late Than Never!

Saturday: 9.75 mile run outside

It's sad that after 4 days of no posting, I only have one work out to post.
We will get to that in a minute though.

Friday night we had very heavy rain and wind so I was a little worried about what the morning would have in store for us. Luckily it only sprinkled some. Other than that it was great weather for running.

A Physical Therapy group was waiting for us when we returned from our run to treat any of us that have issues or just help stretch us out. I decided to ask about my calf since it's been bothering me off and on for over a month now.

Turns out I am not crazy and there is definitely an issue.
The PT massaged it and tried to release the muscle. It helped quite a bit, but it's such a mess that he suggested Trigger Point Dry Needling. Yeah, I didn't know what it was either!

I haven't decided to pursue this option yet, but I may.

Saturday night we watched the Crew beat the Chicago Fire 3-0!

Then Sunday morning it was up bright and early to tailgate for the Bengals game.


It was one CRAZY game.
One of the craziest and most fun football games I have ever been to.

After my run Saturday my foot was REALLY bothering me. Walking around at the stadiums Saturday and Sunday was very painful. I could pinpoint exactly where the pain was coming from so I automatically worried it was a stress fracture.


Thankfully, it doesn't appear to be a stress fracture - just really bad tendinitis.
I'm icing, "cutting back" on running and taking a steroid in hopes of flushing out the inflammation as quickly as possible.
*"cutting back" were the exact words the doctor used, therefore I fully intend on still running this week.

Fingers crossed since my next race is in a week and a half!
My first trail half marathon!


I have done a 20K trail race before, but that's just shy of a half marathon!

I go back to the doctor on Monday to confirm that it's not a stress fracture (they don't always show up on the x-ray right away).

It was definitely a sports-centric weekend for us. Good thing we both love soccer and football and attending games!

No comments:

Post a Comment