Thursday, September 26, 2013

Drinking Lately

Yesterday was a rest day for me. I had planned on doing some upper body toning, but work got in the way and I couldn't be late to meet my girlfriends for happy hour!
It had been far too long since all of us ladies had all been together, so I was super excited to meet them.

So, besides the bottle of wine they made me drink last night I've added a few other much healthier beverages to my routine lately.


Each morning I've been attempting to have a mixture of OJ, pineapple juice and apple cider vinegar. 1 Tablespoon ACV and 4 oz of juice (I add a little more juice to make sure I can't taste the vinegar)

Sounds delish, right?!

ACV has been used for AGES -  literally. It's been used by Hippocrates, people in the Bible, the Babylonians, Julius Caesar, Japanese Samurai warriors, the Greeks, Romans, Christopher Columbus...you get the idea, right?

Some of the benefits of ACV are that it increases your metabolism, good for your skin, helps with digestion, prevents muscle fatigue, reduces sinus infections and sore throats, whitens teeth and strengthens the immune system. It is thought to do many more things as well.

If you want to give it a try, just make sure to get an all natural ACV. I bought the Bragg brand at Whole Foods. Don't buy one of the clear processed brands, you want it be brownish in color. And mix it with real juice.


In the afternoons I have been enjoying an Energy Fizz Stick from Arbonne. I am loving the pomegranate flavor, but they also have a citrus one. 

The fizz sticks have antioxidants and B vitamins that help increase energy and alertness. Perfect for that afternoon slump at work! 
I've been drinking it either starting with my lunch or shortly after lunch and it really does help me make it through the rest of the work day.

Maybe eventually this will replace my morning coffee too.
Maybe no, I really LOVE my morning coffee!

What are your go to beverages throughout the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment