Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Track Party and a Bengals Win!

Tuesday: Track work out

Every time I think life might settle down a little bit, things seem to get just as crazy again.
I suppose that is just how life is, so I should just enjoy the ride!

Monday night the Bengals played the Steelers for their home opener.


Of course the Steelers are a HUGE rival of ours.

Rival + Home Opener + MNF = INSANITY! 

We had so much fun tailgating with our friends.
We grilled, played corn hole, and flip cup.


And we get to do it all again on Sunday when we play the Packers!
 
Hello, football season!

Needless to say, K and I both took Tuesday off. We didn't get home until almost 2 a.m. and we are FAR too old for that!

We enjoyed attempting to sleep in, brunch and a trip to the zoo yesterday.
Such a fun day off!

Then it was time to hit the track!
Yesterday's workout was 2 x 1 mile, 8 x 200s.

I held back a little for the first mile and completed it in 7:30. My second mile was 7:09.
 6/8 200s I finished in 40 seconds. The other 2 were 43 and 44.

And thankfully my calf held up! I really think it was the hills Saturday that aggravated it so much. Unfortunately it's hard to do too many miles in this city without running hills, so we'll see how it does on this coming Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment