Monday, April 8, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up: Spring Has Sprung!

Friday: Rest
Saturday: 11.5 mile run outside
Sunday: Dog walking
Monday a.m: 4 mile treadmill run


Monday, we meet again!
Thank you for at least being springlike even if that includes a little rain.

This weekend FLEW by!

Our yard got a little spring makeover!
I made Friday and Sunday "rest days" since I was running longer than I have in two months.

Saturday morning I headed to running club bright and early. I was a little nervous about the distance since the last time I ran that far I ended up with a migraine and puking.
I still don't think the two were related, but still makes me nervous nonetheless.

Maureen is running Boston one week from today, so she was in taper mode while I was in longest run before the race mode. Luckily, we both needed 11-12 miles so we were able to run together the whole time.

It was beautiful in the morning - clear and cool (48ish degrees when we started).  Perfect running weather.
Spending it catching up with a good friend made it even better.

Post-run compression sock recovery time
It was a pretty good run!
No giant hills, I never felt overly tired and my body felt great.
The last two miles weren't easy, but they weren't hard either. I could have gone faster, but I'm happy with what we did.

Sunday began with a Liverpool game and lots of cooking!

I had been meaning to make these 2 ingredient banana cookies all week and hadn't gotten around to it yet, so what better time than Sunday morning!

The ingredients, pre baking and post baking. Yum!

 Sarah made these last week and inspired me to try the craisins. Definitely a good add-in!

I also made crustless egg white quiche for breakfast. It is one of our go-to recipes (for breakfast or dinner!), but this is the prettiest it has turned out, so of course I had to take a pic!

Egg white, mushroom, green pepper cheddar cheese quiche
Sunday evening we took the pups for a walk with their new harnesses. They made a world of difference - I see a lot of walks in our future.

We must have worn them out, because even Merlin actually got IN his bed last night!


Pardon the creepy eyes. Stupid cell phone pics1
Did you notice his spring hair cut? He looks like a respectable somewhat normal dog now!

I hope you enjoyed the weather this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment