Thursday, April 11, 2013

Vacation Recap: Hanging with the Stars

Wednesday p.m.: 4.5 mile run outside
Thursday a.m.: 3 mile treadmill run

There was a high of 80 yesterday so Kelly and I took full advantage of it and went for a run after work.
It's always a hard adjustment back to running in warm weather. You would think I would be used to changing all the time since I live in Ohio, but every year it is hard.

It felt so good though to be in shorts and a tank.
Feeling the sun on my arms and legs and knowing my face was as red as a tomato. 
A red face is a true sign of working hard.

I was in love with this tree at the cemetery
Now for the last (I think) vacation recap. I can't believe we've only been back for 2 weeks!
HTB's dad took us to a little cemetery in L.A. right behind the building where his office used to be. It was so pretty and peaceful.


HTB's dad used to eat lunch with Marilyn. Now Farrah Fawcett is here too.
We were able to visit so many famous people - all in one place!
Jack Lemmon, Marilyn, Mel Torme, Ray Bradbury, Dean Martin and many more.
It's well hidden and I'm sure in the days before the Google tubes it was quite the hidden gem.
 

We also hit Hollywood and the TCL Chinese Theater and the Dolby Theater.
Hello Harry Potter, George Clooney and Michael Jackson!

Of course we had to lunch at In & Out Burger!

One the way back to our condo we went to Santa Monica. We watched the sunset, saw the end of Route 66 (I have a picture somewhere...) and hung out on the Santa Monica pier.
It was a beautiful day.
It also happened to be our 1 year anniversary of our first date!
I hope all of our anniversaries are this pretty and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment