Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Vacation Recap: San Diego Zoo

Monday: weights
Tuesday a.m.: 3.25 mile treadmill run 

We were lucky enough to venture out to the San Diego Zoo while we vacationed in California a few weeks ago.


It definitely lived up to it's reputation!
Although I will say, I wasn't as blown away as I thought I would be - I think because the Cincinnati Zoo is quite amazing as well. We are very lucky!

We bought the tickets that allowed you to take any of the transportation within the zoo.
It's only a few more dollars per ticket and definitely worth it.



We used the Express Bus and the Skyfari Aerial Tram (the only one we didn't use was the Guided Bus Tour). They were great for a break from all of the walking and provided a different perspective.

We loved the gorillas and orangutangs - they were quite entertaining. The pandas were fun to watch as well...but mostly they just laid there and ate bamboo.

Someone had quite the obsession with the boars.
And I promise it wasn't me.



The zoo was beautiful and we really enjoyed our time there.
We will definitely go back!

After the zoo we headed to Kansas City BBQ, otherwise known as the bar in Top Gun.


It was fun to see the restaurant and imagine the scene from the movie. I need to watch it again soon though, it's been YEARS since I've seen it.

I've been totally slacking on the running lately. Time to get my booty in gear - I should probably finally register for the Flying Pig 3-Way...

No comments:

Post a Comment