Monday, January 28, 2013

Weekend Workout Wrapup

Friday p.m. workout: weights
Saturday workout: 12 mile run outside
Sunday workout: weights

What a productive weekend!

It might be a little sad, but I really enjoy our Friday night gym dates. It makes me feel good going into the weekend and we still have time for dinner, wine, movie, etc.

Saturday morning I headed to running club, and I am so glad I did! I hadn't been in a few weeks so of course it was great to see everyone. I planned on doing 8 miles (which turned into 8.5) but ended up doing 12 miles! That's the farthest I have run since Running Advent (12 on 12/12/12)!


I planned to get 8 miles in, but Maureen needed 12 (she's training for Boston!). I was too nervous at the beginning of the run to commit to the miles with her, but we convinced her to do the first 8 with us. It was an out and back route, so doing 8 with us then 4 alone is much better than doing 4 out with us then 8 on her own after we turn around.

When we returned to the store I was still feeling really good so I told Maureen I would continue on the last four miles with her. I am glad I did. It was nice to have time running just the two of us and it felt good to get some double digit miles in.

I had to work for a few hours on Saturday. Boo.

We also moved a carload of my stuff from my apartment to the house.
It's not a ton - but a good start!

Sunday afternoon we hit the gym again for a weight work out.


The weights seem to be getting a little more difficult for me which is good!
I'm glad ActivTrax didn't start too aggressively, but it's also nice to see the workouts increasing in difficulty.

I think a decision has been made about a spring race.
Stay tuned!

What workouts did you get in this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment