Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Two Recipe Tuesday

Monday workout: 2.5 mile treadmill run
Tuesday a.m workout: 3 mile treadmill run

Monday night's workout was short and sweet. I just wanted to get a little cardio in, but I was also STARVING after work. So, 2.5 miles it was! Easy peasy.

Tuesday morning I got another 3 miles in.  I am really trying to balance out my cardio/running with my weights. I think I've made progress in the last week!

We've been trying some new recipes at our house! I try to make at least one thing new each week, but sometimes I am not very successful. 

HTB loves ground meat. Luckily he doesn't care if it's beef, turkey, chicken or buffalo. So I substitute chicken and turkey 99% of the time. And of course he's Irish so he loves Shepherd's Pie.

Once again, Skinny Taste did not let me down!

I made this recipe Sunday evening while HTB did a little work. (He worked Sunday I worked Saturday - boo!)

Ground turkey, veggies and seasoning simmering away

 It took a little more time than I would prefer for a week night dinner, but it was perfect for a Sunday. Of course I didn't take any after pictures, so here is the one from the ST website.

I wasn't anticpating liking it much, but it was really tasty!

Sunday morning we also tried a new recipe for Banana Pancakes. I'd been wanting to try  them since hearing about them from  Jen.

The ingredients could not be simpler: 2 eggs and 1 banana.
Via
They cook very quickly (bonus for after workout breakfast!), so be careful not to burn them. We really enjoyed them and will make them again. I think my bananas could have been a tad bit riper to make it them easier to mash. I only had a fork to mash them with, but if they had been mashed a little smoother I think they would have cooked a little more evenly. I may have had the stove on a little too high as well.

But even with them not turning out perfect, they tasted amazing!

Have you tried any new recipes lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment