Friday, January 4, 2013

Try It Thursday

Thursday p.m. workout: Muscle Mix class @ the Y

I've been inspired by the girls at Tone It Up to mix up my routine a little. They have some great workouts and a lot of suggestions. Thursday was Try It Thursday - try a new class, dvd, etc. 
So I did - Muscle Mix!

We recently joined the YMCA and last night was our first trip to the gym together! I haven't lifted weights in AGES. Insanity uses a lot of your own body weight for movements, but using dumbbells is something entirely different.

The very basic description of Muscle Mix from the Y website is:
"High intensity consists of warm up, stretch, 30-40 minute muscle conditioning and cool-down. Non-choreographed." We used dumbbells, a mat and our body weight.

It was a great full body workout. I definitely work harder in a class than I would lifting weights on my own.

Surprisingly, I am not nearly as sore as I thought I would be today! The class was definitely challenging, but I think it was just what I needed. I am looking forward to going regularly and hoping my future hubby tags along some more!

Bonus: My soon to be Brothers-in-law, sister-in-law and mother-in-law all belong to the same Y!

I didn't want to be the new crazy girl taking pics at the gym, so no evidence exists; however, I do have these adorable pics of Mr. Pugalicious. These were taken on the same day. What a rough life he has.
Yes, those are bed pillow he is curled up on.
I have no words for this one.
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment