Friday, June 8, 2012

Barreing It Up

Via
 I love to try new things - especially new types of work outs. I had been wanting to try barre classes for a while, so I was ecstatic when I saw a Living Social deal for FIT Pure Barre Mason.

Of course I enlisted my friend Autumn who innocently mentioned wanting to try barre to me a few months ago!


Via


So Wednesday afternoon we gave it a try!


I am not even sure how to describe it, so I will use the description given on their website:

"Pure Barre is a total body workout that lifts your seat, tones your thighs and burns fat in record-breaking time. Utilizing the ballet barre to perform small isometric movements set to fantastic music, Pure Barre is the fastest, most effective, yet safest way to change your body"
Via

The movements are very small "lifting" and "tucking" but it is quite a work out! My core is still sore! It was hard to know what exactly I was supposed to be doing all of the time, but the instructor was very helpful. I'm sure my my next class will be slightly easier because at least I'll feel like I know what some of the moves are this time.

I'm looking forward to my next class next week and starting my 2 week unlimited pass after that!

What new work outs do you want to try?

No comments:

Post a Comment