Monday, August 5, 2013

Weekend Review: Double Digits & Kayak Adventures

Friday: Rest
Saturday: 10.1 mile run outside
Sunday: Kayaking


We started off the weekend celebrating one of our nephew's 8th birthdays!
It was another fun family night filled with bounce houses, rock climbing, air hockey and cake!

Saturday morning I was finally able to get to running club!
It was drizzling and overcast most of the drive there, but I kept hoping the rain would stop and at least hold off until I got my double digits in.

Luckily I was able to run with Sarah the whole time and the miles seemed to fly by as we chatted and caught up.
It drizzled a little bit, but not much at all.
It was so humid that I wouldn't have been upset if it decided to rain just a bit though.
I might have even changed my wish to wishing for a rain on a few of the hills we had to run!

I am happy to say I did achieve my double digits - the first ones since May!

The rest of the day was filled with a nap, errands, some house stuff and a movie night.
Nothing too crazy, but it was nice to have a day with NO plans!


Sunday was an absolutely beautiful day, so we decided to check out the river right by our house in the kayaks. It took us a few minutes to figure out the best place to park to put in.

Apparently there is a dam with an 8-12 foot drop right downstream from where we put in, so we paddled upstream.


We discovered a boat club we had no idea was so close. There were several boats out and one of them was pulling tubers. Who knew all of this was practically in our backyard?!
I was hoping they would want a turn in kayaks in exchange for a turn tubing, but then realized how COLD the water was!

What a fun weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the perfect weekend, really! Hope you have many more of those before summer's out. :)

    ReplyDelete