Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Back at the track

Tuesday: 3 mile track workout

Monday was a rest day since my race was Sunday, but by yesterday I was itching to get a run in. So, back to the track I went.

Pre-run fuel
 I tried to only run at about 85%, I didn't want to give 100% and have my body reject the effort. I also wanted to be careful with my calf. The calf is feeling better, but not 100%. I am still wearing my compression sleeve, but not 24 hours a day anymore.


The workout:
6 x 600s
4 x 300s

This was a very different work out for me. I'm used to doing multiples of 400 (400, 800, 1200, 1600). It was a nice change and those 300s felt short - and fast - after doing all those 600s!

I was definitely worn out after the work out was finished, but I could tell I didn't push myself.
Not pushing myself was the plan, but it still feels weird.

1 comment: