Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A track work out is cheaper than therapy & Mizuno Sayonara review

Monday: TIU Love Your Booty, 3 mile run outside
Tuesday: Track workout: 6 800s, 1/4 mile warm up and cool down - 3.5 miles total


I definitely woke up on the wrong side of bed yesterday.
It didn't help that I woke up at 4 and didn't go back to sleep (should have just gone to the gym). 
But really that's just an excuse.

Source
I let the beginning of my day dictate the rest of the day. I had classic Eeyore syndrome.

It would have been easy to skip my track workout, especially given the 90 degree heat.
It turns out though, the track was just the therapy I needed.

A Mizuno representative met us at the track last night so we could test out the Wave Sayonara or the Wave Rider.  


I opted for the Wave Sayonara - it's similar to the shoe I currently run in.


Then it was time for the torture therapy to start.

The shoes must work, as my 800s were faster than normal.
I ran all of them between 3:21 and 3:35.

I'll take it! And the shoes!

Honestly, I was very skeptical.
I have a hard time finding the right shoes, so I was happy to test them on the track with the option of switching them back out if I needed to.
I was very pleasantly surprised though.

The Sayonara is very lightweight, but also cushiony.
I couldn't believe how great they felt on my feet! And the colors are great (because that's the important part, right?!). I mean, check out the pink ones!

And extremely spent after the work out.


I felt so much better after the good ole sweat session.
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure a real therapy session would help well, but sometimes a good hard run does the trick too and it's friendlier on my bank account.

No comments:

Post a Comment