Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Ice Cream Trumps All

Tuesday: 3.5 mile run outside

Why run on Monday when it's 50 degrees outside when you can wait til Tuesday when it's in the 20s and there are 30 mph winds?

I kept looking out my window at work all day yesterday watching the tree branches get whipped around by the crazy winds and thinking how much I absolutely DID NOT want to run after work.

Luckily, Kelly and I both never want to be the one that says no.

So off we went!

I ended up throwing on a fleece at the last minute too (there are 3 layers on top already)

We did decide to keep it short since she had been sick all weekend and it was so windy. The wind has to count for an extra mile, right?

We were both pleasantly surprised at the conditions outside. Yes, it was very windy and we ran straight into the wind for the first mile, but we've run in MUCH worse. It really wasn't that bad and we were happy that we pushed each other to get out and run.

I threw together a quick dinner of leftover enchilada chicken, brown rice and roasted veggies. I LOVE roasted veggies. I think i could eat them every day.

They are so pretty and colorful too!
 We had planned to do a weight workout last night too, but HTB has had a few LONG days at work (and played in 2 soccer games Monday night) so when he suggested ice cream instead...of course I said yes! And I fell in love with him all over again.

So we relaxed and indulged in another episode of Homeland along with our ice cream.
Speaking of which, did you know they make chocolate cookies and cream now?

Via
It's amazing.
I should know better than to go down the ice cream aisle at Kroger.

No comments:

Post a Comment