Thursday, November 15, 2012

Recovery Week

Tuesday's workout: 2 mile walk on the treadmill
Thursday's workout: 3.75 miles of intervals on the treadmill

The legs are back and ready to run the Girls On The Run 5k this weekend!

 Tuesday I walked on the treadmill just to flush out the lactic acid in my legs. I wore my Zensah compression sleeves to help too. I was more sore than I "normally" am after running a marathon, but I assumed I would be since I hadn't done one in a little over a year. Wednesday my legs were still a tiny bit sore, but they feel completely normal today! Yay!

Don't worry, I actually tied my shoes before jumping on the treadmill
This morning I hit the treadmill again nice and early for some intervals and lunges. My legs felt totally fine and I actually wished I had time for a little more. 

My early morning workout buddy and I decided to wait to start month 2 of Insanity until next week. It's a short week because of Thanksgiving, but at least we'll have 3 days of it under our belts before enjoying our Thanksgiving feasts!

I am so excited for my Girls On The Run end of season/pre race pasta party tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment