Monday, July 1, 2013

Weekend Review: Roller Coasters and Celebrations!

What a fun weekend!
Once again I hardly took any pictures. At least I'm living in the moment!
I feel like we were going nonstop which makes me thankful for a short holiday week this week!

Friday we had an ice cream date with Erin, Carter and baby M.

Our first meeting with baby M
As usual we had a great time talking and laughing and baby M slept and slept and slept.

Saturday morning I headed out for a run but got a later start than planned so I only had time for a  fast 2.5 miles. At least I was forced to run "fast" since it wasn't very long.

Then we headed to Kings Island for my company picnic.
We met up with two other couples and the girls went one way while the boys went the other for the first couple of hours.
Hold on to your hats, because I actually rode a roller coaster! It was the Backlot Stunt Coaster (used to be Italian Job).

Via
 So it wasn't the biggest or scariest, but it wasn't in kiddie land either!
And I survived! Maybe I'll do it again!

We rode some rides, ate lunch and then it rained. I was hoping to make it over to the water park Soak City, but it was a little too cool for that anyway.

We got a little wet on the way to the car, so we decided it was time to head home.

We had some celebrating to do regarding K's job, so we went to Pitrelli's in Mason.
The food was fantastic, the ambiance is great and the dessert was to die for!
We both had the special of the night - grilled chicken ravioli and for dessert we shared the chocolate ganache cake.
Yum!
 

Our nephew turned 5 on Wednesday, so we celebrated at Pump It Up on Sunday.
I am still at kid at heart, so I had as much fun as the kids.


It was definitely a fun-filled weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment