Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Back to the track party!

Tuesday: Speed workout (4 miles)


I'll be honest, I'm not sure when I last did a track work out.
I'm pretty sure it's been at least 2 years if not longer.

But last night, I welcomed the track back into my life. And I hope it is here to stay.
I feel so alive on the track.
Even when I'm hunched over breathing heavy, wanting to puke and thinking death would be the best option.

I didn't want to carry my phone all the way over to the track, so this is as good as it gets.
We have a great coach through the Mojo Running Club, he is very supportive, helpful and tough!
We meet at the track every Tuesday night.

Our workout looked like this:
2 x 800, 2 x 200, 2 x 800, 2 x 200, then 1 x 800, 1 x 200
 The total distance was just over 3 miles (not including warm up and cool down).
It felt MUCH longer than that though. It was hot and a bit humid. Thankfully there was a bit of a breeze and our start/stop spot was over in the corner in the shade of one of the buildings.
  My first 2 800s were WAY too fast for me (3:11 and 3:14). The next set were both right around 3:40. I wish I hadn't gone out so fast on the first two. 
Bonus for the track work out: I got to see Sarah and Maureen!  
I'm already looking forward to next Tuesday's track session!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, this makes me miss my running club. I NEED to find a new one pronto.

    ReplyDelete