Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A New Kind of Milk: Almond Breeze Review

Tuesday: Rest

Yesterday became an unintentional "rest" day.
However, my body still feels like it got a workout in. I guess that's what happens when you run around like a maniac from 6:30 a.m. until almost 9:30 p.m.
At least I get to check off several items on my massive to do list for the weekend!

Yesterday morning I woke up at 4 (should have gotten my workout in then), but laid in bed until 5.
I was starving while I was getting ready for work, so I decided to actually eat breakfast at the house (typically I pack something to eat at my desk).


This was the first time I tried almond milk and I have to say, I think I am a fan!
I really had no idea what I was doing when I purchased the Almond Breeze brand, but a friend had tried it, so I just grabbed one. I think next time I will try the Vanilla unsweetened since it has 50 less calories per cup. (Pictured above is the Vanilla).

Almondmilk is dairy free, soy free, peanut free, egg free and gluten free.
Whew, that takes care of a lot of allergies!

Fortunately, I do not have any of the above allergies, but I have been trying to limit my dairy intake, but still want the calcium and the occasional bowl of cereal. I also plan to use the almond milk in smoothies.

While enjoying my bowl of Kashi Go Lean Crunch and almondmilk at 5:40 a.m., I also got to have a surprise text chat with Jen in England!
What a great way to start a busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment