Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What I learned

I learned a lot during the Pedal to the Point MS 150. So I thought I would share some of my  new-found wisdom and observations.



Looking awesome soaking wet with a shower cap on.
 1. Shower caps not only keep your head dry in the shower...but during storms on your bike as well.

2. Starting and stopping repeatedly on a long bike ride is HARD. Especially on your bum.

3. Cycling with a team/group can help the miles fly by, keeping you going when it gets tough (or rains for 50 miles).

4. There is also something to be said to be alone on the rolling hills surrounded by farm land and hay bales.

5. I am tough. Ha! At least mentally. On Saturday night I had really doubted my ability to finish on Sunday. But I did. A positive attitude can make all the difference in the world.

6. Chamois Butt'r is awesome. It should also come with a warning on how it feels when you put it on, especially when you are putting it on half asleep at 5:30 a.m. It was a little awkward when two guys working at the bike shop felt the need to explain to me how to use it when I bought it.

7. I look better after biking 75 miles than after running 26.2. I asked Marc. He said I look awful after running a marathon. Then he laughed. He did redeem himself by saying I look awful in a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment