Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Another catch up

I must get better about blogging regularly and taking pictures. Since I decided not to do another tri I just haven't been as motivated to blog. I've been looking for some inspiration...and have found some...but I'm looking for more as well! The reasons I decided not to do another tri this season will come out in another post. For now, let's catch up on the last week.

Thursday night Ben and I had a great run.We have some good talks on runs and really push each other just the right amount. We were doing so well until the crazy heat wave, my vacation and the other stuff going on. I think we're back on track now. I had to re-work my training plan a little, but it feels like we're back on track.

Saturday morning I went to cheer on my friend Sara at the Lady Distance Classic. If you are in town this is a fabulous race. It's a women's only event and very inspiring. Sara was running the 10K and I was able to see her just before mile 3, right after mile 6 then at the finish. I was proud of myself for keeping the secret that I was going to go cheer her on! I think it's important for anyone who runs to also volunteer and cheer at races they aren't running. 

This week has been crazy attempting to get ready for the big bike race this weekend. We spent 1.5 hours at the bike shop last night and more time on the bikes once we got home and again tonight. I did meet my fundraising goal as of today! Thank you to everyone who donated. You are amazing!

I did sneak a morning run in today. It was nice and cool, my body didn't know what to think!

No comments:

Post a Comment