Saturday, April 9, 2011

Let the Taper Begin!

Lots of catching up to as I had a few technical difficulties this week...

Thursday was the perfect day for a not too fast, not too slow, not too long and not too short run to keep the legs moving and fresh for the big run this morning. It felt good and the weather was gorgeous. That night Marc and I had planned on going for bike ride, but the sky began to look rather ominous so we opted for our first game of tennis for 2011.
Justine and Joel's nugget
Friday's long run prep included hanging out with a very cute little nugget named Harper. She helped me relax and de-stress and stay off of my feet. And thankfully there wasn't any spit up, dirty diapers or much crying.

This morning was the dreaded 22 miler. It was perfect weather: overcast and low 50s - nice shorts and short sleeve running weather! It was a new course for us which was nice. A change in scenery is always welcome especially for such a long run. It was a great run even with the sprinkles that began with about 5 miles to go. I was pretty cold and wet by the time I finished, but I didn't even really notice while I was still running.

I feel pretty good about the upcoming marathon. Of course you never know what you will get on race day, but I've run in just about everything possible this training season, so bring it on!

Now that a picture has been uploaded, make sure to make your suggestion in the contest!

No comments:

Post a Comment