Monday, December 10, 2012

The Streak Continues!

Friday p.m. workout: 3.5 miles 1% incline on treadmill
Saturday's workout: 8 mile run outside
Sunday's workout: 9 mile run outside
Monday a.m. workout: 4 miles 1% incline on treadmill

Wow, 10 days and still going!
I really think this is my longest running streak. Ever.
I found my body tends to do best running 4ish days a week, so this is quite the accomplishment.

Friday I got to hit the treadmill earlier than normal since we go to leave work early. 
I didn't bedazzle a hat, but I did make a wreath! 


Here are the supplies we received. I have to put some finishing touches on mine, but hopefully I'll be able to post a pic this week of the finished product!

My calves started feeling extremely tight on Friday. My calves are always rather tight, but with all the miles recently, they started getting worse than normal.
So, it was time for some extra stretching and calf sleeves!

This seemed to help and my calves felt pretty good Saturday and Sunday. I wore compression on them all day both days (minus running, which I realize doesn't make any sense).

On the treadmill this morning they were burning for a while. I actually had to hop off and stretch them once. I think I might have to run in compression to get through this week of high mileage.

We also decorated The Boyfriend's house and possibly the dogs too this weekend!
Finally!

As you can see, the mongrels do not like to sit still, especially at the same time.
We were laughing and getting frustrated at the same time, so we called it a day.

Running Advent: 9.5 days and 49 miles complete

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh I love pugs, too cute! Running advent sounds like a great (although hard!) idea...wish I had read your blog at the beginning of December, I would have been tempted to join you. Good luck and I hope your calves ease up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This week is going to be the toughest, but at least starting Thursday I'll be on the count down back to 1 mile!

      Delete