Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Marathon Inspiration

Between Ashley running her first marathon since her bike accident 4 months ago this weekend and meeting Karen Cosgrove yesterday, I've been bombarded with marathon inspiration lately!


I was super excited to hear that Karen was speaking at work during lunch. I've admired her from afar for several years, so hearing her story in person was quite a treat!
I can't believe I'm posting this picture, it is the world's worst photo. Ever.


She is amazing.She ran her first marathon after only training for a 10k and finished in 3:56. She was ranked 23rd in the world and qualified for 2 Olympic trials. More importantly she turned her passion into a career of helping people reach their goals.


Monday was a rest day for me since I literally had a small piece of my foot cut off. It's healing nicely, but painful to put pressure on. I'm hoping to run before the weekend, but we'll see how my foot feels. Last night I was able to fit some core and strength training in at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment