Thursday, January 19, 2012

Intervals on the Treadmill

I've been on the treadmill more in the last month than I have in the last 3 years. I'm not sure where this is coming from, I really really really dislike the treadmill.

However, I want to get my miles in and the mornings seem to be working out better for me to get my runs in lately. Since it is sooo dark out in the morning (I am at work before 7:30) and we live off of a pretty busy road, I feel safer running on the tread than outside.

I still can't do more than 6-7 miles without wanting to scratch my eyes out, but I have found some tricks to helping the time go by faster.

My biggest trick to surviving the treadmill is doing a speed or interval work out.

This morning I only had a little less than 40 minutes, so I did a 3.4 mile interval work out.
I warmed up, then increased my speed every 2-2.5 minutes, then decreased for 1-1.5 minutes. I increased each interval by .2 and they ranged from 7.8-8.6. I did my recovery time at 6.6 or 6.8.

Not super exciting, but a quick work out for some miles. Hopefully I'll be able to do Shred again tonight while I am starting the baking for a certain someone's BIG birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment