Saturday, September 10, 2011

High Mileage

Via
 Friday night I really tried to take care of myself - eat well, drink lots of water and attempt to stay off of my feet some. I was hoping to not have another bad long run like I did 2 weeks ago. 

I had planned on running 16-18 but had a feeling I was going to be talked into a longer run this morning.

21.2 miles later I finished! I felt really good. The worst part was getting stuck by a train about 2 miles from the finish. Mo and I both had good runs which was nice - it always feels good to finish with a strong and fast last mile together.

It was humid, but not awful and the temp was fairly cool this morning. The sun did come out, but thankfully was hidden by clouds for most of our run.

I couldn't stay and stretch for very long - I had to get to my hair appointment. After a quick shower and trip to the dog park with Sid. I grabbed a smoothie right next door to the running store to save time and make sure I got some refueling in. It was so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment