Thursday, March 3, 2011

Awkward & Awesome Take 2

Since last week's edition of Awkward & Awesome was never found, I've decided to attempt it again. I know you're excited!

Awkward
* Running with someone for the first time and making it back just in time to puke. Twice. I can barely sit up long enough to type this. Dizzy. Stomach hurts. Might puke again. Ugh.
* Attending my first quarter auction, winning nothing, except queen for next month. Can you say tiara?
* Having a complete meltdown Monday night over my foot. I was in denial, but the stress injury appears to be staging a coup. I'm not giving up yet.
* Marc telling me I look pretty and my outfit is dumb in the same sentence today. I almost warned him he wouldn't like my outfit. Made me laugh though.

Awesome
* Fabulous bike ride on Sunday with Marc in 60 degree weather and seeing at least 6 deer chase each other in a field. Unfortunately I did not have my camera. Fortunately Marc did not have his bow.
* Marc has sisters. This definitely helps in his amazing ability to handle my meltdowns and helping me laugh at myself for "being such a girl".
* Attending my first quarter auction, winning nothing, except queen for next month. Can you say tiara?
* Surviving my first 18 mile run since 2009. 
* Registered for another tri (a real one this time). This will change to an awkward on race day.
* Going to Kroger with Marc and my coupon binder this weekend and saving 32%. I think Marc was only mildly embarrassed.
* Annoying people that talk and text during movies, kids that can't work cash registers, and restaurant managers that don't know how to seat tables attempting to wreak havoc on our date night this weekend. We showed them and had fun anyway. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment