Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Rewards

My legs felt amazing on Sunday. I was shocked. Still am, really. I felt the best I ever remember feeling after a 20 mile run. Victory! I think this was my reward for all of my self pep talks last week.

So, what do you do on a Sunday afternoon then? A Yoga Pilates Fusion class of course. If your legs feel good, might as well make your abs sore.

Leslie and I decided to try the class together and we both enjoyed it. There was a strange selection of music - Lionel Ritchie and Peabo Bryson for instance - but it was a good class. And even though my legs felt good, they enjoyed the stretching too. My abs are still sore.

Yesterday I swam for about an hour. I struggled the whole time. I really didn't want to be there. I kept thinking about everything else I would rather be doing. This is not a good tactic, I don't recommend it.

Finally I told myself to stop it, refocused my brain on more positive things and got into a bit of a groove. Then - after a few laps - my feet started cramping. Ugh! I decided it was dehydration and I need to start bringing a water bottle to the pool.

I did reward myself with a soak in the spa.

But the biggest reward was seeing T, Aaron, Dean and Wyatt one last time before they head back south today. I loved being able to see them so much, hearing all the funny things Dean says in person and the QT T and I were able to have over breakfast and shopping. And holding the cute little snuggle nugget Wyatt. He obeyed my rules of no crying and spitting up while being held by B. Good baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment