Thursday, March 31, 2011

D'oh!

Tuesday night I tried a Yoga Sculpt class. Picture hot yoga with hand weights - holding warrior 2 while doing bicep curls. I'm still deciding how I felt about it, pretty sure from the screaming, my shoulders didn't like it - but most likely needed it. The normal instructor was out of town so I will definitely try it again since I have taken a different yoga class with her and really liked her. We'll see how that goes.

It's been fun trying some new classes along with my running and bits of swimming and cycling.

All day Tuesday and Wednesday I geared myself up for my first master's swim practice. After work on Wednesday I was so nervous I felt like I was going to puke. All the nervousness from every first I have ever experienced was all rolled into one. I had made sure to drink lots of water, eat a snack, pack my gym bag very carefully and finally it was time to head on over to the gym.  I get all ready in the locker room and walk over the aquatic center door when the sign hanging up seems to be neon and flashing at me. I was an hour late. 

What????!!!!  How could this be?

In my defense I called Tuesday to see if I had to register or anything and they confirmed to me that practices are held Wednesdays from 7-8. They were wrong. Practices are from 6-8. I was so mad, so frustrated, so disappointed. So I went home. 

Thankfully I had gotten a run in earlier. And a little rest - when apparently I should have been at practice.

There's always next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment