Friday, September 28, 2012

Nerves

I hate to admit it, but this week did not go so well in the running/working out realm of things.

One 10 mile run is all I got in, and while I am proud of running 10 miles after work (especially on a Monday), it also frustrates me that I didn't get any other runs in. I had my gym bag packed at least 2 mornings this week and just didn't get up early enough to go.


This was my dinner after my 10 miler. I had just enough time to take a quick shower and dry my hair before heading out to watch The Boyfriend's soccer game. I ate this while watching. I felt like a little kid.

So, this weekend's mileage is 16. I'm nervous. I haven't run that far since the middle of February.

I'm trying to psych myself up for it today. Any suggestions on how you get yourself ready for a long run?

I might even talk The Boyfriend into dinner at the Mellow Mushroom tonight. One opened a few weeks ago pretty close to us and we haven't tried it yet. We LOVE pizza...especially pizza with mushrooms on it!

It's going to be a busy weekend - lots of fun things on the agenda. Hopefully I survive the 16 miles and can tell you about the more exciting things on Monday!

2 comments:

  1. You're going to love Mellow Mushroom....one of our favorite pizza places ever. Alex has one in Raleigh. Love you Bethany, hope the long run is easy for you this weekend! ~Aunt Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did love Mellow Mushroom! So yummy!

    ReplyDelete