Friday, September 14, 2012

Celebrating Life

Friday's workout: 4 mile run

This morning's run was my first in over a week. It felt good to get out and sweat.

The past week has been a blur leading up to this weekend's celebration of life.
Grandpa and I in Chicago this summer

Today is my grandpa's 90th birthday. 90! 

He is amazing. He still lives independently.  I even think he was taking his time mowing the lawn when I talked to him earlier this week. He is still active in his walking group and church. I hope I am as full of life as he is when I reach that age!

Tomorrow we will celebrate his fabulous 90 years with friends and family.

Tomorrow we will also celebrate another life. A life taken too young. The Boyfriend's sister lost her long and hard fought battle against breast cancer last Saturday morning. She was the first member of his family I met.  

I am so grateful that I was able to meet her and spend the amount of time with her that I did. I've learned a lot more about her this past week. So many pictures have been shared and stories told that make me sad that I only knew her for such a brief time.

This weekend we will lay her to rest and then celebrate her life with those that love her.

Life may be long, or it may be far too short. Either way, why complicate it?

No comments:

Post a Comment