Sunday, May 22, 2011

Weekend Recap

We have finally had several days in a row of gorgeous weather and I'm getting in as much Vitamin D as possible - with proper sunscreen of course!

Employee Health and Fitness week was this week at work. All week there were activities such as lawn bowling, kickball, volleyball, putt putt, a team triathlon and more! The week concludes with the Eye Run - the annual 5K that benefits my company's foundation OneSight - and a party on the piazza (not a pizza party as many people misunderstood!)

It was mid 70's, sunny and blue sky on Friday - perfect day for a run and party. I really dislike 5Ks while I am running them and I always feel a lot of pressure with this one as both my running and work worlds collide. There were also some awkward emails floating around the department too that made me feel a lot more pressure this year as well. 


Thankfully I had a pretty decent race and ended up 2nd woman, 1st in age group and 11th overall. 

Friday night concluded with a Mexican dinner outside and after the [insert your own adjective here] week I had a margarita was in order! I love being able to dine al fresco!
Saturday morning I went for a short 6 mile run nice and early so I would have time to get all gussied up for my friend Mandy's bridal shower later that morning. The shower was at her friend's lake house and it was beautiful. The weather could not have been more perfect.

Marc and I just got back home from what he deemed "the best bike ride ever". I would like to think it was because of his awesome company, but we heard at least a half dozen Tom Turkeys gobbling up a storm (literally since they were gobbling at the the thunder of the storm that chased us back home). It was pretty neat except for him slamming on his brakes right in front of me almost causing me to wreck. We only saw one turkey, but we heard at least 6 along a half mile stretch. We only did 20 miles...hard to believe in less than 3 months we'll be doing (almost) 4 times that distance two days in a row!

No comments:

Post a Comment