Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Nolhtaud

Sunday morning I felt much better and was able to do a "longish" run. I settled for 6 miles in order to give myself enough time to rest a few minutes before Barbell class. I was out later than normal Saturday night so I didn't get up super early. 8 a.m. runs still let me sleep in! Since it was a shorter run, I just pushed myself harder and ran faster. I didn't make up my route beforehand which was very freeing. Since I wanted to make sure I got a spot in the Barbell I went to the gym first, set up my spot, then went for a run by the gym. It was a nice change in scenery. I just turned whichever way I felt like. And shockingly I did NOT get lost!

Monday Marc and I had planned to do a 25-30 mile bike ride, but plans changed (out of our control) so we ended up riding to our friend Ben's house, picking him up and then rode to the park. Landen-Deerfield park is right down the road and has some really good mountain bike trails, so the boys hit the trails while I did my Nolhtaud - backwards duathlon! Maybe inside out is a better way to describe it - bike, run, bike.

It was about 2:30 or 3 in the afternoon, over 90 degrees with a heat index of 100. I kept my distances short, and drank tons of water. To make it easier, I rode my hybrid so I didn't have to change shoes. It felt very strange riding my hybrid now that I am so used to my road bike. I do love my hybrid though, it's an awesome bike.
I'm pretty sure those are my footprints  (via modulardatacenter.net)
Tonight I ran with Ben after work - another 90+ degree day (I think 96ish) so we decided to run the lake and in a neighborhood since our normal routes around work offer very little shade. We kept it under 4 miles (Smart Coach said 3, but that seemed lame to me, not that 3.6 is much different). I actually felt really good considering the heat. My face is still as red as a tomato though and I finished running 2.5 hours ago.

Sarah had invited Sid and I over so the dogs could play in Floyd's new baby pool, so we headed over there and Sid splashed around and almost jumped their fence trying to get a bird. Never a dull moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment