Monday, June 10, 2013

Weekend Review: Race and Recovery

Saturday: Piggy Went to Market 5K Race
Sunday: TIU workout

I don't know about you, but I am in serious need of a nap to recover from the weekend.
And I think I'm still recovering from our wedding. #gettingoldishard

Friday I did quite a bit of errands shopping to get ready for our honeymoon!
Then I patiently waited for K to arrive home from his business trip.
And waited.
And waited.
Then waited some more.

He arrived home over 7 hours (about 2:45 a.m.) after his original flight was supposed to land.
#thankyoutropicalstorm

The race was not in Havasu and definitely was not a triathlon

Autumn and I met our friend Sarah at the Piggy Went to Market race bright and early Saturday morning. It was Sarah's first 10K (and she totally kicked some booty!), so Autumn and I wanted to cheer her on. We ran the 5K then waited at the finish line to cheer for Sarah.

It was a lot of fun and of course we celebrated with a delicious breakfast at Mimi's afterwards!

Saturday evening I had a girl's night with a few friends. We started at the 21C Museum Hotel rooftop bar. I wish we had time to check out the museum. I definitely want to go back.
I can't wait to go back to this bar!


 It was a gorgeous bar and I had gorgeous company!


 We then headed to Kaze for dinner and cocktails.
Yummy food and quite possibly the strongest drink I have ever had in my life.

This picture does not do it justice.
We finished dinner with an amazing S'mores dessert.
#yum

Sunday was spent running around, doing house and yard work, errands and fueling our new addiction to the show Scandal.
It is soooo good. We can't stop watching it.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment