Monday, June 24, 2013

Weekend Review: Finally Running Again

Saturday: 3.5 mile run
Sunday: 4.5 mile run

Before I get to talking about all of our fun adventures in Costa Rica this week, let's talk about what I DIDN'T do while away.

Work out.

At least in the traditional sense of the word.

We did walk around our resort (super hilly and they did offer a 24/7 shuttle that we only used twice - once with our luggage and once in the rain).  We also hiked and swam.

However, I did not run AT ALL.

And this weekend I could feel it.


I was up bright and early Saturday morning and knew it was going to be a HOT day, so I decided to go ahead and get some miles in. I finally got out the door about 6:45.

I only did 3.5 miles. I wanted to do some more and felt OK, but 1) I am trying to protect my foot that has been acting up a teeny tiny bit and 2) we had a visitation to attend in the morning as well.

Our neighborhood is hilly and has very few big trees, so it was quite hot. Overall I was fairly happy with how I felt.
Old School Nike headband. I think it was a gift before my first Flying Pig marathon
After my run it was time to hit the shower and get ready for the visitation at Spring Grove Cemetery.
 This cemetery is beautiful. I know that sounds weird, but it really is.
I'm hoping to go back soon when there is not a visitation to attend and enjoy the scenery.

 Sunday morning it was time for another run!



 I got a much later start (8ish), so of course it was nice and sunny and HOT!

I did 4.5 miles Sunday and was very happy to stop when I did.
I did a 2 loop route and hid G2 in our driveway so I could stop and get a drink after the first loop.

Whew, I was sweaty!

We really enjoyed all of the fresh juice combinations on our honeymoon.
Our favorite was watermelon strawberry, so we attempted to replicate it Sunday morning.


 It was so nice and refreshing after my run!

I'm ashamed to admit that my quads are a tiny bit sore after my first two runs post honeymoon.
But, you have to start back somewhere!

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!
There are some fun things coming up, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment