Thursday, October 10, 2013

Put Your Dukes Up

Wednesday: 1 hour boxing class

Several weeks ago I bought a Groupon for classes at Title Boxing Club. I've always wanted to try training at a boxing gym and this proved to be the perfect chance! It didn't hurt that I easily persuaded my friend Kelly into buying the Groupon too!

I was a little nervous when we went for our first Kickboxing class. Walking into a new gym always intimidates me a little bit, and this was not just a gym, this is an all out boxing gym!

The people could not have been any nicer though.
They got us checked in, wrapped our hands for us, gave us a run through of how the class works and the different punches.


Before I knew it, it was time for class to start!
The first 15 minutes is a warm up without the gloves. I was already quite sweaty and tired and the actual work out hadn't even begun yet!

The next part of the class consisted of different rounds. He would show us a combination and we would go at it until the bell rang. Then we would do active rest - lunges, squat, crunches, etc. 


The last part of the class was abs.
Oh. My.
My abs haven't been that sore in a LONG time!


I've taken a few different classes now, but have had the same instructor each time.
He is an MMA fighter. This intimidated me at first, but he is super nice and helpful. You can really tell he loves this sport.

I'm looking forward to using up the rest of my Groupon and trying to decide about joining after that. It's been a fun, different and empowering way to work out and I have been LOVING it.

2 comments:

  1. It is supposed to be one of the best workouts out there! Good for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to try this out when we move back! My dad used to box for his workouts when I was younger and I loved watching him. Hope GOTR fall season is going well!

    ReplyDelete