Friday, May 11, 2012

A lesson in sass





Lakeview GOTR team showing their sass!
Obviously, I've had to rethink my goals recently.


At the beginning of the year I was planning to run a 50K in June. It is May 11th and running a 5K is not that fun (or fast) for me at this point.


I was hoping to run 4 marathons this year and so far have not run a single one.


It's time to focus on the future and forget about the past. Here is what I DO have planned:

1. GOTR 5K race is this weekend! Who woldn't want to run with these amazing girls pictured above?

2. Mudathlon in August



3. Air Force Half Marathon in September. I was fortunate enough to receive a free entry from a friend on the day after it sold out! 


Many other plans are in the works, but these are a few set plans that will (hopefully) help me stay on track and stay motivated.

The month of May will be dedicated to rebuilding my base. I want 3 miles to feel like a waste of changing my clothes, not hard like it felt this week.


It's time to learn a lesson from my GOTR girls and be sassy and confident while I run. And maybe I'll still do a 50K in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment