Thursday, July 28, 2011

Progress

I feel like I've been injured and attempting a comeback. I guess in a sense that is true, it's just not an injury in the typical sense of the word. More emotional than physical. At least this week I've wanted to work out. That's a big change from last week.

Monday night Marc and I took the bikes out for about an hour. It's hard for us to ride on roads together - he worries if I don't keep up right next to him. My slowness on the bike is mostly mental - I'm afraid of running out of steam. I just don't know how to pace myself on a bike like I do with running. It will come with practice, I hope!

Tuesday I ran with Ben for the first time since before vacation. He was having a good run, I was not. He kept me going and I was glad to have had a running buddy that night. I really needed it. 

Wednesday morning I made it to swimming practice (and I even remembered my shoes for work unlike last week!). I really do love swimming outside in the morning. I need to bring my camera, or at least my phone, to get a picture of the peaceful pool deck with the rising sun. I had a very good practice and definitely felt like a few things finally "clicked". I actually can't wait to get back to the pool and see if they are still "clicked".

Unfortunately we are back to heat emergency status with a heat index of 110 or something like that. I am still trying to figure out my plan for tonight and tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment