Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekend Success

Operation Birthday was a success! We had a great dinner at Boi Na Braza - a Brazilian steakhouse right on Fountain Square. What man wouldn't love a place that serves you 15 different kind of meats? And we are looking forward to planning our weekend on the Bourbon Trail with Blake and Sarah!

The chocolate chip cookie dough truffles are super delish as well. Here are some pics of the process so you can salivate too!
Then roll them...

Dip and eat!
They were soooo good - it's a good thing I had a long run Saturday morning and hot yoga on Sunday. I met some new people at my run Saturday which was great, and ran with Kelly and Marvin again of course! I'm a little behind in my mileage from where I would like to be, but I'm trying not to build too fast so I don't have my foot stress injury issues again this year. I did feel it the last mile or so on Saturday, but it hasn't bothered me the rest of the weekend. Hopefully that is a good sign!

As of this weekend I am officially registered for the Derby Marathon on April 30, 2011. Jen, my friend from high school that I running it with, was awesome enough to do some research on hotels and book us one this past week. I am very excited (and very nervous) about running my first 26.2 in over a year. If nothing else, it will be a fun weekend with a great friend in an awesome city. And another state (for BOTH of us!) to cross off the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment