Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Best Laid Plans...

Flexibility has been essential to training so far, you just never know what is going to happen!

Last night I arrived at the gym first, so I signed us in for spinning. However, by the time Sarah and I got to the class, all the bikes were taken. I'm not sure if I blame the gym for this...or its members. We found two ellipticals next to each other and hopped on. The good news is that we were able to chat while we worked out which would not have happened in the spin class. It was nice after a rough day to talk about everything - recipes, books, work and crafts (I still insist on thinking I'm crafty, although I know I am anything but!). Sometimes a good work out with a good friend beats ice cream and margaritas!

Yesterday Ben found out he has a stress fracture in his foot. This has derailed his goal and changed my training plan, but I am confident he will bounce back and hopefully still have enough time to train for the half. Stress injuries in my foot plagued me all last year, so I completely understand his pain and frustration.

I feel like I have been fractured from stress this week. I'm hoping this weekend and the birthday celebrations allow me to relax, unwind and feel rejuvenated for next week. I focused on breathing and clearing my head on my run today. My own style meditation - I think it helped!

Speaking of birthdays, I am off to wrap presents and make chocolate chip cookie dough truffles for the birthday boy! I hope he likes them!

No comments:

Post a Comment