Monday, November 28, 2011

10K on Turkey Day

My sister and I started running a 10K on Thanksgiving together a few years ago. While the logistics have become harder for us to do this, I decided I still needed to do a race this year. I registered for the 10K on Turkey Day in Deerfield Township. Mojo Nation was loud and proud and I'm very thankful to be a part of this group.

Team Mojo pre race


I had only run once or twice since the Indy marathon, so I really didn't know what to expect. Two miles in I realized I forgot to eat breakfast. Oops! I ran most of the race with people I also ran the Columbus marathon with as well as my swim coach.


The course was a little hillier than expected, but a pretty nice course. I KNEW I needed to run this Thanksgiving...and once I started I didn't want to stop.


I finished in 48:36. 34th woman, 8th in my age group, and 122nd overall (out of 732 runners).



LOVE the back of the shirt!
 I wish it had been faster, but then again I wish a lot of things were different this holiday.

I hope everyone had a happy and healthy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment