Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Why I Didn't Tri More

I know I've hinted at the mutliple reasons I didn't do more triathlons this past season, but I have yet to actually blog about it (at least if my mind serves me correctly).

So here it goes...

1. They are expensive. I invested in a bike, cycling shoes, tri gear, etc. this year. It all adds up so quickly, but at least I won't need to buy all that again next season!

2. Since I just bought my bike this spring, I was nervous on it at first. 150 miles in 2 days helped cure that!

3. Several of the triathlons I wanted to do (and were close by) were on days we already had something going on or were out of town. We had a very busy summer!

So now that I already have my gear and I feel more comfortable on my bike I am ready to focus on my swimming this winter (yikes!). My plan is to focus on strength training and swimming while continuting to do one running speed work out a week along with one long run and spinning class at least once a week as well.

I hope I can stick to it and become a REAL triathlete next spring/summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment